Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Some handy notes when Getting Started

I must write this down or else i would forget this steps and keynotes.


  1. To enable any error reporting to my site when developing my own module i should add in those following commands in my Drupal settings.php. Link.


  2. Naming convention of the functions of module. It should be written the same as the module name. example "_()". This representation of function names in writing module is refered as hook().

    Never ever use dash in naming convention. This applies for function names, filenames and the directory of your module. I did some errors on this during my first attempt of writing my own module. Example is here.

  3. Add in the


  4. Besides file .module, you should also have .info file. It can be called as modulename.info.


  5. for clarity purposes, the drupal doc site uses this convention in their explanation throughout the site








No comments:

Post a Comment