Thursday, March 15, 2012

Search Drupal Keyword using Google Tool

It's unfortunate to know that the search result for any keyword related to drupal shows a poor figure. Well according to the statistics, the average search per month for drupal keyword is somewhere around 1000. I narrow down my search based on country Malaysia, any language with a broad searching filter based on keyword "drupal module" and excluding some irrelevant terms such as joomla, wordpress, etc. The most people have search for based on drupal-related word is 22,000 hits. In my opinion, most Malaysian only interested to know in general what is drupal and for those who are considered as programmer level is still very few.

I'm no so sure whether this data i found really helps me to go off strongly with my project or it is a sign for me to seriously re-consider on embarking web-programming project using drupal language. It's kinda scary info for me.



There are few things that i can conclude from the analysis.

  1. There are not many people who understand what is drupal. Most people who do, are not up to the level of programmer level. In order words, there are very few of Malaysian who know drupal programming. Those who know generally understand at the conceptual level or drupal as an overview.
  2. As the search shows poor result, it also indicates that the market out there in Malaysia is still small.
  3. I could also interpret differently, which is; as there is not many people who understand Drupal and definitely few Drupal programmers only exist in Malaysia, this could be a potential area for me. If I were to explore this area now, i could be regarded as one of the pioneers in Malaysia. It's good to go into green area ahead from the rest because i'll have greater opportunity compared to other programmers.
  4. I'll have greater opportunity to conquer the local marketing and search engine ranking.

No comments:

Post a Comment